+91 97425 94250
Madhubani : the famous Shiva Temple at Mangrauni village
This ancient Temple boasts of having rare 11 Shiva Lingams, representing 11 forms (AVATARAM) of Lord Shiva. The Local Priest, Baba Aatma Ram states that no where else you may find such temple. Lord "Shiva" is "Shakti" or Power, popularly known as THE DISTROYER GOD of Hindus., the most powerful God of the Hindu pantheon and one of the godhead in the hindu Trinity. HE is known by many names - Mahadeva, Mahayogi, Pashupati, Nataraja, Bhairava, Vishwanath, Bhava, Bhole Nath, - Lord SHIVA is perhaps the most complex of Hindu Deities. The Temple is popularly known as " Shee Ekadash Rudra Mahadeva Temple.
Kanchipeeth"s Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati felt overwhelmed to see eleven forms of Lord Shiva at one Shakti Vedi and uttered - this is the only Temple in the whole world of its kind. He visited Mangrauni village on 4th May, 1997.
Baba Atmaram tells that from 10th May to 21st May, 2000, various forms started appearing on all the Shialingas on the Shakti vedi and the proces is said to be still continuing. The shapes formed are like Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman flying, with a mountain, Ganeshji, Ardhnarishwar etc. etc.
Every Monday, the temple organises special puja which is quite popular here and the worshippers from all over India throng temple for a glimpse of Lord Shiva.
Navlakha Palace is situated in town of Rajnagar near Madhubani in Bihar. This Palace was built by Maharaja Rameshwar Singh of Darbhanga. This Palace suffered extensive damage during the earthquake of 1934 and was not rebuilt thereafter. Now this palace is in ruins. The oldest surviving Madhubani painting (done in year 1919, on occasion of marriage of Shrimati Lakshmi Daiji, daughter of Maharaja Rameshwar Singh of Darbhanga) is found in the gasauni ghar (the room where family deity is kept) of this Palace.
Navlakha Palace was situated near eastern banks of Kamala River . To the north of the main entrance to the Palace campus, was situated a portion known as Durga Bhawan. Durga Bhawan was the southern most part of the Palace. Durga Bhawan faced eastward and had a big pond in its front. On the northern side of this pond, a marble temple of Goddess kali was situated. A temple of Goddess Durga formed integral part of this building. This temple was situated in a huge hall having two-storeyed high ceiling.
In the western side of Durga Bhawan, a rectangular building having three courtyard was situated. This building was the portion for ladies. On the northern most part of this building was the white coloured two storeyed palace of Elder Queen (Bari Maharani). On the north of Maharaniís palace another pond was located. This pond was surrounded on the remaining three sides with garden. To the south of Maharaniís Palace was residence blocks of the rest of ladies of royal household. Thereafter, Gosauni ghar (the room housing the deity) was located and then the Palace of Younger Queen (Chhoti Maharani) was located. The palace of Chhoti Maharani was the southern most part of this building. This building was connected to the Durga Bhawan by a two-storeyed corridor. The upper storey was covered with windows having red, blue, yellow and green glasses. The ladies could pass from the ladies wing to Durga Bhawan through upper storey of this corridor and could also witness the scenes, tamasha, etc. held outside or inside the palace campus from this corridor. The complex also contained a temple of Goddess Tripura Sundari, which had painting of the Goddess which seemed to stare at you even if you looked at it from different angles. This painting was done by an artist named Abdul Gani.